Sunday, August 25, 2013


I wrote this poem long time ago while I was in school. ASUU strike would dampen it's flavour but... hey, I once asked those peeps to insert 'strike' in the school calendar! 

Soliloque
 
Now that where I am is far closer than from whence I came
Remind me, oh God of my father, with a good measure
To set my two eyes tightly upon the initial aim
And to shut them widely against all these temporal pleasure
For I'd left the warmth of our village for this city set on oil
I came only with the wise counsels of father
And the tearful prayers of mother
To learn the noble art and science of caring for the ill

So urge me even in this cold to embrace my books
And avoid the embrace of these sensuous hips
Wagging all around campus like fish in a pond
Looking for a fragile destiny like mine to impound
They are attractive, and they know it
They are well to do, but they wear tiny little clothes
Leaving a good chunk of their bodice to lead men astray
I've seen a handful of destinies burn in that ashtray

 Hearken to me, oh God of my father
Let me not sacrifice the dream of my father
At the altar of three minutes of pretty little flesh
Remind me always of home where hopes rise in wait for me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Comments on this blog are entirely the opinion of the blog visitor(s) who post them. Real McCoy Blog shall not be liable for any harm such comment(s) might cause.
* Health tips offered on this blog are meant for information purposes, always consult your health practitioner(s) for diagnosis/treatment of health problems.