Hurray! It's just one day to the end of this...
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) has announced the commencement of application for the sixth annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from these Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
For the academic year commencing September 2015, SPDC will award ten scholarships for one year MSc studies in partnership with three Universities in the UK – Imperial College London, University College, London and the University of Leeds.
COURSES AND UNIVERSITIES QUALIFIED FOR SPDC NIGER DELTA OVERSEA POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The following courses qualify for the scholarship at the three institutions:
1. Imperial College London
MSc Petroleum Engineering
MSc Petroleum Geoscience
MSc Petroleum Geophysics
2. University College London
MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
MSc Mechanical Engineering
MSc Civil Engineering
3. University of Leeds
Msc Exploration Geophysics
MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for the 2015 Scholarship
To qualify for the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria scholarship, applicants must:
1. Display intellectual ability and leadership potential
2. Meet the individual University’s English language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept 2015 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each University’s English language requirement first time at the time of selection will invalidate their application.
3. Be aged between 21-28 years by 30th September, 2015
4. Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required)
5. Currently reside in Nigeria
6. Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
7. Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree)
8. Not have studied previously in’ the UK or any other developed country
9. Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2016
10. Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies, SCS or Karamat ltd;
11. Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria, SCS or Karamat ltd
Application Closing Date:
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating Universities not later than 23rd January, 2015. All applicants are expected to adhere strictly to this deadline as applications will not be accepted beyond this date.
How to Apply
Submit application for admission to the respective University for any of the qualifying courses
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission by the University
Universities will process applications and select candidates to attend an interview with a Consultant before being considered for final selection
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE OBTAINED AT: email@example.com or through the individual universities
Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only