Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Happy Birthday,Pastor George Izunwa!


Today is the birthday of an astounding personality I know. He's the lead pastor of Gateway International Church, an upstanding Pentecostal family church based in Port Harcourt with emerging branches and satellites in several states across Nigeria.



I came in contact with pastor George sometime in 2005. It was a time in my life when I was fed up with 'church' as a teenager. I had concluded 'church' wasn't worth it.

However, when I relocated to Port Harcourt for university education, my elder brother took me to this church where the pastor preached passionately for well over 1hr, and made tremendous transformational sense throughout! I was captivated.

I admire pastor George as a person, and as a father figure in the congregation of God's people.

Today, he doesn't shout or sweat as much as he used to, nor does he preach that long, but within the 'short time' he mounts the altar (upto 5 times every Sunday for the 5 powerpacked services of the church), pastor George delivers pure divine wisdom, grace and anointing far more than his previous records! And under his leadership,  I've seen kingdom growth in practical terms...

I am particularly drawn to his interest in young people. For a pastor that counsels ,and relates with, the big and mighty in the city and across the nation, it's admirable to note his ability to connect with young people in the growth phase of life. I bear a personal testimony to that, and I can point at several other young men and women whose lives his positive influence has practically rubbed off well on.

Today, I join Pastor George's wife, Barr Emmanuella Izunwa (see  her post to him below) and the teeming congregation of Gateway International Church across the nation to celebrate this man of grace who's done well to let his light shine so bright as as to benefit many.

Happy Birthday, Sir.
Greater grace, more depth, and may God alone continue to receive all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* Comments on this blog are entirely the opinion of the blog visitor(s) who post them. Real McCoy Blog shall not be liable for any harm such comment(s) might cause.
* Health tips offered on this blog are meant for information purposes, always consult your health practitioner(s) for diagnosis/treatment of health problems.